About Scar Revision
At Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery of Central Pennsylvania in Camp Hill, PA, Dr. Theodore T. Foley offers scar revision surgery to individuals with conspicuous scars. Many men and women acquire unsightly scars for various reasons such as a traumatic accident or surgery. Some adults even experience significant facial scaring from acne. Dr. Foley also commonly performs scar revision surgery on patients who have undergone mole removal surgery. Whatever the case, Dr. Foley is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience in scar revision techniques. His expertise and years of training have enabled him to produce amazing cosmetic results.
"Best plastic surgeon in the area! After exploring several options, I chose Dr. Foley because he was very qualified and knowledgeable. He was caring, professional and did a great job. He talked me through the procedure step by step. His staff was amazing and caring as well. He made sure I was pain free the entire time and put me at ease. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking plastic surgery."- Anonymous / Office Visit / Jun 28, 2017
"I had two surgeries with Dr Foley. From start to finish everything went great!!!"- A.W. / Yelp / Oct 16, 2019
"From my first visit where Dr Foley explained in detail everything surgery would involve. To all of my post operative visits. The staff and Dr Foley were exceptional!!!"- A.W. / Google / Oct 16, 2019
"I have had wonderful experiences with Dr. Foley and his excellent staff. Everyone has been very kind, professional and helpful. Dr. Foley is a highly skilled surgeon who treats his patients with respect and compassion, listening carefully to their concerns and providing the very best outcomes possible."- C.H. / Healthgrades / Oct 07, 2019
"Dr. Foley is an excellent doctor. He tries to give you exactly what you want and provides you with what you need. He does it by listening to everything you say. You can definitely trust him."- M.N. / Google / Jul 01, 2019
You are an ideal candidate for scar revision surgery if you:
- Have an unwanted scar from a traumatic accident
- Have undergone a surgery that left behind a scar
- Feel self-conscious about your scar
- Do not have acne or any other skin disease around the scar
- Do not smoke and are in good health
What To Expect
Prior to the procedure, you will undergo a one-on-one consultation with your doctor to determine the best course of treatment. During this time, your doctor will also create a personalized treatment plan that addresses all your cosmetic goals and concerns. There are several techniques used for scar revision and typically, treatment plans utilize a combination of the following methods:
- Surface Treatments are used to reduce the physical appearance of scaring, which helps to reduce pigment discoloration and smooth rough skin texture. Treatments vary from chemical peels, light therapy, and skin bleaching.
- Skin Grafting is a more advanced method that is commonly used for more severe scarring. Typically, skin tissue is taken from the thigh and applied to the scarred region to diminish its appearance.
- Injectable Treatments are frequently used for scars that have a sunken or intended appearance. This method produces long-lasting results but will need to be repeated to maintain a smooth appearance.
- Topical Treatments are used to treat minor surface scars and commonly include gels, lotions, and compression tapes.
Since treatment is dependent on the size, shape, and severity of the scarring, results and recovery will vary. However, it is common for patients to experience swelling or minor discomfort for the first few weeks following surgery. During this time, it’s important to protect your skin from the sun and from physical activities that may potentially cause irritation to the wound site. It’s also important to follow all aftercare instructions provided by your doctor. Optimal results may take 6 – 12 months to become visible, but will produce long-lasting outcomes.
Plan Your Procedure
- Average Cost
- From $500
- Recovery Time
- 2 - 4 Days
restore your look
If you have an unsightly scar that you’d like to have revised, call our office to schedule your consultation today. You no longer have to feel embarrassed or ashamed of your scar. We can help significantly reduce its appearance to give you clearer, smoother-looking skin.
Cost of Scar Revision Surgery
Prices are subject to change and are our current estimate of the price which is inclusive of physician, facility, anesthesia at a surgical center. Some procedures, which do not require anesthesia, may be done at our office and would not then entail an anesthesia fee. If patients need to have their surgery at a hospital, prices are typically more expensive and will be outlined after consultation.